Garden Educator Position Available
Seeking an experienced garden/environmental educator to manage a small vegetable garden, and run classes for elementary school students. Position is part-time,seasonal, and will offer some flexibility in scheduling.
- Running weekly garden classes with students in grades K-4th.
- Occasional project work with middle school students 5th-8th grade
- Lesson planning and preparation for holistic garden and nutrition classes
- Seasonal planning, planting, and maintenance of an established raised bed vegetable garden
- Management of summertime garden classes with students and parents
- Coordination with edible landscaping staff for any needed technical support
- Creative project management to enrich and deepen garden education within the school
- Coordination with teaching and administrative staff to integrate environmental education with classroom work
- 2+ years of gardening, naturalist, and/or environmental education work
- Experience and passion working with elementary aged students
- 2+ years of education, classroom management experience, programming, or volunteer management experience
- Passion for gardening and ecological based education
- Experience with organic vegetable gardening, permaculture design, regenerative gardening, biodynamics, and/or other ecologically oriented growing methods a big plus
- Desire and passion to grow an exciting gardening program
- Strong work ethic, communication and organizational skills, and ability to manage projects are all necessary
Schedule & Hours:
Position will be seasonal starting: September 1st 2016 – November 30th 2016 ; and continue February 1st 2017 – November 30th 2017
The position will range from 2.5 – 8 hours/ per week, depending on the season
Qualified candidates will be well-compensated based on experience. This position is not entry level, and you will be compensated accordingly. This is seasonal, contract work (1099).
Interested job applicants can send:
Cover letter, resume, at least 2 professional references, and any further information you would like to include (projects you’ve worked on, pictures, presentations, etc.) in PDF format
Eric Blasco – owner/operator Erb Food & Garden